Earth and Planetary Science LabBerkeley RIC
The Earth and Planetary Sciences XRD, SEM, and Sample Preparation Labs provide users the opportunity to perform a wide range of analyses on samples including X-ray powder diffraction, SEM imaging, and EBSD textural analysis, EDS chemical analysis as well as all sample preparation required for analysis.
- Zeiss EVO MA-10 SEM with BSE and SE imaging capabilities, EDAX detector, EBSD detector;
- Panalytical X-pert Pro diffractometer with X-celerator detector;
- carbon evaporator (for coating samples);
- various rock cutting, grinding and polishing equipment;
- petrographic microscopes and binocular microscopes with photo imaging capabilities.
- SEM: Secondary electron imaging, backscattered electron imaging, EDS chemical analysis and mapping, Electron Backscatter Diffraction texture analysis;
- XRD: powder diffraction phase identification, thin film analysis.
SEM, XRD, x-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscope, EDS, EBSD, thin section