Welcome to BRDO!
The Berkeley Research Development Office (BRDO) provides a range of services focused on bringing more research funding to campus while decreasing faculty burden in applying for it.
Toward these goals, we have developed a few broad categories of service:
- We help faculty find relevant funding opportunities for their research
- We work directly with faculty and teams to support effective proposal development
- We develop and curate many written guides and tips related to proposal writing
- We provide periodic proposal-related training for faculty and postdoctoral researchers
- We work with other offices (or institutions) to overcome problems that may arise during the proposal process
Our services are free and available to all UC Berkeley faculty.
We encourage you to browse our pages. There can be high demand for our direct support, but our library of proposal guides and tips is extensive.