The Signatures Innovation Fellows Program supported innovative research by UC Berkeley researchers in the data science and technology areas with a special focus on projects that hold commercial promise. The Program was committed to the development of entrepreneurs, whether they be faculty, or postdoctoral fellows and graduate student entrepreneurs who work in collaboration with faculty on a journey to building great companies.
The Program supported four successful cohorts between 2015/16 - 2018/19 and is no longer accepting new applications.
Signatures Innovation Fellows each received support of up to $75,000/year for a maximum of two years. The funds were available to be used for a range of activities, including
- postdoctoral salary and graduate student fellowship support for entrepreneurial activities,
- to assist with early stage development,
- to obtain entrepreneurship training,
- understanding market opportunities for technological developments,
- developing intellectual property avenues,
- considering the incorporation of a start-up company,
- networking with mentors and potential partners,
- engagement with external partners and funders, or
- other discretionary activities that enable entrepreneurial pathways.
The Fellows became part of and contributed to an ecosystem that brings together postdoctoral fellows, students, faculty, staff and alumni to form a strong network that assists researchers in introducing their discoveries to the market. Please write to email@example.com with any questions you may have about the program.