Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute
Established in 2014, Tsinghua-UC Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) is a central hub of global research and education at UC Berkeley designed to promote global research collaboration and graduate student education.
Through our multidiscipinary research centers, TBSI is working to address the major challenges facing advances in the following areas:
- Environment Science and New Energy Technology
- Information Technology and Data science
- Precision Medicine and Healthcare.
As a platform for innovative research and graduate-student education with parallel functionality on the two partner campuses, the institute will integrate research programs at both UC Berkeley and Tsinghua University to address societal needs and global challenges.
Build a world-class transformative research and education partnership to fuel economic growth with accelerated innovation through transdisciplinary and translational research.
- Establish an ecosystem for transformational technology research that address global challenges.
- Build new trans-disciplinary research programs and graduate curricula.
- Train entrepreneurs and global leaders in science and technology.