How to Apply
Applications for the 2022/23 cycle was due on April 10, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
The general program parameters are explained in the FAQ available here.
Submission Instructions and Deadlines
Proposals are reviewed by faculty peers from STEM departments across campus. Please be cognizant that reviewers will come from different STEM disciplines, so proposals must be accessible for a general science community.
Please submit the following as a single pdf:
- Cover Page & Abstract (one page max)
- PI’s (or for a team award, co-PIs') name
- Department of the lead PI
- Indicate the proposed research topic/area of study
- Project abstract, which should clearly outline the overarching goals of the research proposal in a way that is accessible to a lay-audience (250 words max)
- Research Proposal (up to five pages, with pages numbered, excluding references, CV, and budget justification). The narrative should:
- Demonstrate how this research will make a significant scientific contribution to the field
- Discuss anticipated milestones and evidence that the project can be completed within the proposed timeline
- Provide an outline of how the support from the Rose Hills Innovator Program will enhance the project
- Identify opportunities for follow-on funding
- A brief paragraph on current and pending funding, matching grants and gifts-in-kind.
- Budget Justification: A detailed budget is not required, however a description/justification of how the support from the Rose Hills Innovator Program will enhance the project is required. Up to $85,000 is available per year for a maximum of two years. The funding may be used to support:
- Postdoctoral and other researchers
- Graduate and/or undergraduate students
- Faculty summer salary
- Publication expenses and/or patent application fees
- Research materials, small equipment, and/or supplies
- Travel expenses
- Overhead is not allowed to be deducted from the funds
- CV or Biosketch (abridged, two-page format) for the PI and co-PIs (if applicable).
Since this is an internal solicitation, proposals must be submitted directly to the Vice Chancellor for Research Office via the webform below and not through SPO.
Deadline: The application period is closed. APPLICATIONS WERE DUE Sunday, April 10, 2022, at 11:59 pm.
Funds will be available at the start of the fiscal year, July 2022.
Note that only full-time UC Berkeley faculty at the Assistant and Associate ranks of any professorial series (including adjunct, in-residence, health sciences, clinical, and professor of clinical optometry) are eligible to apply. Please review additional details here.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.