Current Research Operations
Last updated: August 20, 2021, 10:00 am
Vaccines and facial coverings
- All faculty, staff and students must be in compliance with the UC systemwide vaccine policy as of August 4, 2021. Employees, visiting scholars and students must have either uploaded proof of vaccination to the secure eTang portal, or received an approved exemption. Please visit Vaccines for COVID-19 for further information.
- Face coverings will be required indoors at all times beginning Tuesday, August 3, regardless of vaccination status, in alignment with recent guidance from the UC Office of the President and the city of Berkeley health officer order. Please review this campus message for more information.
For updates on required training, symptom screener, etc. before returning to campus, please visit the Campus Access page.
Research guidelines still in place
Human Subjects Research
- Both affiliated and non-affiliated human subjects are permitted on campus. They should follow access requirements for “Invited Guests” (see Campus Access page for details). Until buildings are unlocked, all human subjects should be escorted at all times inside buildings.
- Please review and complete a revised Human Subjects Research Guidelines and Resumption Proposal Supplement Form as needed to ensure your protocol complies with current guidelines. Visit the CPHS COVID-19 Guidance for Human Subjects Research page
- CDC recommends that individuals do not travel either domestically or (particularly) internationally until they have been fully vaccinated.
- Domestic travel is allowed as long as travelers follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers, and follow any health restrictions in place at the destination.
- International travel to any destination that is designated as CDC Level 3 or 4, or State Dept Level 4 requires prior UCB campus approval by the dean and Global Engagement Office (if there is no pre-approval, travel reimbursements will not be paid out). All international travelers must follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers, and follow any health restrictions in place at the destination.
- Please visit the UC Berkeley COVID website, Travel page for details.
- Please review the VCR Review Process for Off-Campus & Field Research for tips and required review..
Events, symposia and meetings
- Please visit the Return to campus website for current guidance on meetings and events.
- All speakers and guest lecturers must comply with campus access requirements for Invited Guests.
Please visit the campus Coronavirus website for other general updates, and send additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.