Current Research Operations
Last updated: October 14, 2021
Research guidelines still in place
Human Subjects Research
- Both affiliated and non-affiliated human subjects are permitted on campus. They should follow access requirements for “Invited Guests” (see Campus Access page for details). Until buildings are unlocked, all human subjects should be escorted at all times inside buildings.
- Please review and complete a revised Human Subjects Research Guidelines and Resumption Proposal Supplement Form as needed to ensure your protocol complies with current guidelines. Visit the CPHS COVID-19 Guidance for Human Subjects Research page
- CDC recommends that individuals do not travel either domestically or (particularly) internationally until they have been fully vaccinated.
- Domestic travel is allowed as long as travelers follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers, and follow any health restrictions in place at the destination.
- International travel to any destination that is designated as CDC Level 3 or 4, or State Dept Level 4 requires prior UCB campus approval by the dean and Global Engagement Office (if there is no pre-approval, travel reimbursements will not be paid out). All international travelers must follow CDC guidelines for vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers, and follow any health restrictions in place at the destination.
- Please visit the UC Berkeley COVID website, Travel page for details.
- Please review the VCR Review Process for Off-Campus & Field Research for tips and required review..
Events, symposia and meetings
- Please visit the Return to campus website for current guidance on meetings and events.
- All speakers and guest lecturers must comply with campus access requirements for Invited Guests.
COVID-19 Research Recovery resources previously available have been archived. Please visit the campus Coronavirus website for other general updates, and send additional questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.