Fund your research
- About BRDO
- BRDO Services
- Funding Opportunities
- Resources and Training
- Addressing Broader Impacts
Berkeley Research Development Office
Announcements of research funding opportunities are typically posted on the dedicated websites of the relevant federal agency or other funder, as well as on government-wide sites like Grants.gov. It’s not always easy to find your way through this welter of information to locate opportunities that match your needs and interests. Various offices across campus provide ideas and search tools that can help.
Review Recent Funding Program Announcements
Research Administration and Compliance (RAC) maintains a list of selected funding opportunity announcements with upcoming deadlines, organized by agency/funding source.
Search Databases of Funding Opportunities
- Pivot - Pivot is a comprehensive database of funding opportunities that you can use to identify solicitations in specific areas of research. UC Berkeley’s Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) pays for the subscription to Pivot, which makes this valuable resource available to everyone on campus, and they have created a Pivot User Guide as well.
- University of California Funding Opportunities
Explore Targeted Funding Opportunities
UC Berkeley’s Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) and other campus sites provide additional information on funding opportunities for a variety of needs, subjects, and types of applicant:
- France-Berkeley Fund
- Doreen B. Townsend Center for the Humanities
- Humanities Research Fellowship and Mellon Project Grant in the College of Letters and Science
Specific types of applicants:
- Women and Minorities Grants
- Faculty Prizes/Awards
- Hellman Fellows Fund
- New and Young Faculty Grants
- Committee on Research
- Postdoc Funding in the Biosciences
- Postdoc Funding in the Social Sciences
- Postdoc Funding in the Humanities
- UC President's Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Miller Research Fellowship for incoming postdocs
- Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships in Natural Resource Studies
- Graduate Research Fellowships
- Big Ideas@Berkeley / Bears Breaking Boundaries Contest
- Undergraduate Research Fellowships
Get Help Finding Research Funding
The Berkeley Research Development Office (BRDO) can help develop funding strategies and match researcher and program needs with federal funding opportunities. Contact us to discuss your needs.
UC Berkeley’s Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations provides assistance in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporate and foundation support and partnerships.