Berkeley Research Development Office
Most federal agencies and other sources of research funding announce funding opportunities on their own websites, in addition to government-wide sites like Grants.gov. It is not always easy to find funding opportunities relevant to your needs and interests.
A number of offices across campus provide ideas and tools for finding funding for research and infrastructure. Below is a list of search tools and services that can help.
Review Recent Funding Program Announcements
Research Administration and Compliance (RAC) compiles a listing of selected funding opportunity announcements with upcoming deadlines.
Search Databases of Funding Opportunities
Explore Targeted Funding Opportunities
UC Berkeley’s Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) and other campus sites provide additional information on funding opportunities for a variety of needs, subjects, and types of applicant:
- France-Berkeley Fund
- Doreen B. Townsend Center for the Humanities
- Humanities Research Fellowship and Mellon Project Grant in the College of Letters and Science
Specific types of applicants:
- Women and Minorities Grants
- Faculty Prizes/Awards
- Hellman Fellows Fund
- New and Young Faculty Grants
- Committee on Research
- Postdoc Funding in the Biosciences
- Postdoc Funding in the Social Sciences
- Postdoc Funding in the Humanities
- Miller Research Fellowship for incoming postdocs
- Ciriacy-Wantrup Postdoctoral Fellowships in Natural Resource Studies
- Graduate Research Fellowships
- Big Ideas@Berkeley / Bears Breaking Boundaries Contest
- Undergraduate Research Fellowships
Get Help Finding Research Funding
The Berkeley Research Development Office (BRDO) provides services to help programs develop funding strategies and match researcher/program needs with funding opportunities.
Contact us to discuss your program’s needs and services we may be able to offer to you.