Step 5: Accept My Award
- How does my award get set-up?
Grants, Cooperative Agreements, and Contracts
Not all awards are alike, and some require extensive negotiation while others are straightforward. It can take as little as a week or two to negotiate and set up your award, or in some cases, it can take over a year. Visit the SPO Award Set Up Page for more information about award negotiation and set up.
Once you are alerted to your new gift, please ask your Berkeley Regional Services Research Administrator to complete the Research Gift Intake Form. The form will request the information needed to both ensure that a transaction can be accepted as a gift and to process the gift. The form will ask for the following:
- Award negotiation
- If your award is funded by federal, state, other government, or non-profit sponsors, including non-US government and non-profit sponsors, the Sponsored Projects Office will negotiate and set up your award. See SPO Standard Award Processing Time.
- If your award is funded by for-profit companies, including non-US industry sponsors, or is a Small Business Innovation or Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) subcontract, the Industry Alliances Office will negotiate and set up your award.
- Log into Phoebe Search to find your Berkeley Regional Services Research Administrator, SPO Contract and Grant Officer, and IAO Contact.
- Research grant fund set up
Once your award is negotiated and fully signed, the Contract and Grant Accounting Office (CGA) will provide accounting services for your research grant, including fund set up, invoicing, and award close-out. CGA will work with your Berkeley Regional Services Research Administrator to upload your grant budget and get your fund ready to spend. Visit the CGA Award Set Up Page for more information about their process and services.
- I need materials, software, data, or a nondisclosure agreement for my research project
Data use agreement or software agreement
Material transfer agreement
If you need to obtain research materials, like cell lines, plasmids, circuit kits, etc. from a university, company, or other organization, the Industry Alliances Office will help you with the incoming material transfer agreement (MTA). Visit IPIRA’s Industry Alliances Office MTA page to download a request form. Send the completed form along with the agreement (if you were provided one) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to obtain data, datasets, or software for your research project, the Industry Alliances Office will help you with data use, data transfer, and software agreements. Download a request form from IPIRA’s Industry Alliances Office data and software agreements page. Send the completed form along with the agreement (if you were provided one) to email@example.com.Data Security and Data Resources
The Berkeley Research Data Portal points researchers, research staff, and support personnel working with data to relevant campus resources, administrative offices, and services.Confidential disclosure agreement or non-disclosure agreement
To request review and execution of a confidential disclosure agreement (CDA) or non-disclosure agreement (NDA), fill out IPIRA's Concierge Form.