Research Expertise and Interest
air pollution, water pollution, environmental epidemiology, occupational epidemiology
My research interests have always been diverse, but with a particular focus on defining the relationships between environmental and occupational chemical exposures and health effects. They include:
- Investigation of the possible health effects of long-term exposure to hydrogen sulfide gas.
- Investigation of the health effects of household air pollution from fuels used for cooking, heating and lighting in developing countries.
- Study of possible health effects of solvent use by motor vehicle mechanics.
- Study of the possible health effects of dental amalgam fillings.
- Cancer risks in firefighters.
- Health effects of low level exposures to arsenic in drinking water.