Research Expertise and Interest
forest biometrics, modeling and remote sensing
- Forest biometrics and modeling forest and tree growth dynamics, tree crown architecture, individual tree mortality.
- Integration of satellite and ground-based sampling systems for monitoring large landscapes.
- Forest fire dynamics.
- Remote sensing and image processing.
- Forest and natural resource assessment and monitoring.
- Ecometrics using high resolution digital imagery and 3D morphology Statistical accuracy assessment methodology for resource maps Improved statistical classification algorithms.
In the News
August 27, 2018
California today issued its latest assessment of the many challenges the state faces from climate change — including wildfires like those still raging throughout the state – and highlighted for the first time the regional impacts with nine deep-dive reports spearheaded by University of California scientists.