Research Expertise and Interest
electrochemistry, mineral processing, solution processing of materials, interfacial chemistry, extractive metallurgy, remediation of abandoned mines
- Aqueous chemistry in the processing and behavior of minerals, materials, wastes and effluents.
- Equilibrium, kinetics, mass transfer and mechanisms in aqueous, organic and solid systems.
- Leaching and transformations of minerals.
- Hydrolysis, precipitation and coprecipitation.
- Solvent extraction and organic phase reactions.
- Novel separation processes.
- Environmental impact of mineral and metallurgical processing.
- Chemical mechanical planarization.
- Solution processing of nanostructured materials