Institute for Business Innovation
The Institute for Business Innovation (IBI) promotes interdisciplinary research, instruction, and corporate outreach on matters of innovation, entrepreneurship and technology. The Institute houses and supports several research centers and programs that undertake activities in these areas.
Formerly known as the Institute of Management, Innovation, and Organization, the Institute is taking new roles in integrating the Haas School's approach to innovation, and connecting faculty, students, and outside companies interested in promoting, managing, and benefiting from innovation.
In its core functions, the Institute:
• Develops and supports constituent centers and programs
• Helps acquire program development gifts and endowments
• Helps acquire research grants for faculty and graduate students
• Awards graduate student fellowships
• Hosts visiting scholars
• Sponsors conferences, colloquia, forums and seminars
• Publishes working papers and technical reports
• Manages a leading academic journal, Industrial and Corporate Change
• Supports curriculum development at UC Berkeley and elsewhere