Center for Financial Reporting and Management
About the Center
As part of the Haas School of Business, the Center for Financial Reporting and Management (CFRM or the Center) provides the accounting community with opportunities to get involved in the development of academic programs and professional activities. The Center serves to enhance interaction between students, faculty, practitioners, standard-setters, regulators, and business leaders.
CFRM's mission is to promote the most innovative financial and managerial accounting education in the world through cutting edge research, outstanding teaching, a globally focused curriculum, and attention to ethical behavior.
CFRM implements its mission by:
- Organizing conferences and educational programs for the benefit of practitioners, Haas accounting faculty, students, and alumni,
- Consulting on an ongoing basis with its Executive Committee, comprised of leaders in Bay Area accounting firms and corporations,
- Overseeing and implementing improvements to the undergraduate and graduate accounting curriculum,
- Providing financial resources in order to attract and retain the best faculty,
- Providing stipends to doctoral students in accounting,
- Funding cutting-edge research,
- Enhancing interactions between students and potential employers.
As part of an internationally acclaimed research university, we are committed to promoting high quality financial reporting in the business community worldwide.
Our Core Values
- Teach innovatively to produce highly sought-after graduates and tomorrow's global leaders through continuous enrichment of the curriculum in response to changing needs in the market place.
- Engage in cutting edge research relevant to the dynamic global business environment.
- Facilitate dialogue between academicians, accountants, regulators, national/international standard setters, and the business community at large.
- Build productive partnerships with business leaders, employers, and alumni to explore and seek guidance regarding educational issues that are critical to the future of the accounting profession.
- Nurture and promote corporate and social responsibility, including ethics and values that govern businesses and personal behavior.
545 Student Services Building (mail address), UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-1900; 2220 Piedmont Avenue (delivery address); 424 Faculty Building (office location)