Fund your research
- About BRDO
- BRDO Services
- Funding Opportunities
- Resources and Training
- Addressing Broader Impacts
Berkeley Research Development Office
BRDO specialties include:
- Proposal Development and Collaboration
- Organizing and advising the proposal team.
- Interpreting agency guidelines and refining responsiveness of the proposal.
- Facilitating collaboration within the university and externally.
- Helping to structure and present proposal text for clarity, concision, and impact.
- Contributing to the conceptualization of plans for non-scientific sections (e.g., plans for management, training, commercialization, data sharing).
- Helping to articulate the significance, innovation, and potential impact of the proposed work.
- Assisting with writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Supporting site visits and reviews.
- More details.
- Plans for Broader Impacts
- Advising on agency and reviewer expectations.
- Providing information on existing resources and potential partners.
- Suggesting potential activities for the broader impacts plan.
- Advising on budgeting for broader impacts activities.
- Proposal-Related Training
- Leading workshops, lectures, and other in-person training sessions.
- Providing archives of past training presentations.
- Funding Strategy
- Assessing project fit with funding agencies and opportunities.
- Matching faculty groups with funding opportunities.
- Future Collaborative Proposals Preparation
- Discussing strategy and preparations.
- Offering insight in sponsor priorities.
- Coordinating across institutions.
- Proposal Writing Resources and Tips
- Providing tutorials and other resources for finding funding, writing effective proposals, and understanding agency review processes.
- Providing broader impacts resources, toolkits, and a database of evaluators.
- Maintaining resources for common proposal sections.
Since BRDO’s creation in 2012, our services continue to evolve and expand.
For more information on any of these services, please explore our website or contact us.