- Research Highlights
- Research Office
- Research Units
- Faculty Expertise
- Research Policies & Administration
- Resources for VC Research Units
- University / Industry Relations
- Getting Funded
Berkeley Research Development Office
The Berkeley Research Development Office (BRDO) provides a range of free proposal-related services aimed at increasing research funding on campus while decreasing faculty burden in applying for it. BRDO works with faculty to identify funding opportunities, facilitate team-building, support effective proposal development, and provide proposal-related training and resources.
BRDO specialties include:
- Connecting Researchers and Funding Opportunities
- Matching faculty groups with funding opportunities.
- Facilitating collaboration within the university and externally.
- Supporting Proposal Development
- Organizing and advising the proposal team.
- Helping conceptualize plans for broader impacts, training, commercialization, etc.
- Assisting with writing and editing.
- Supporting site visits and reviews.
- Providing Proposal Writing Resources
- Providing tutorials and other resources for finding funding, writing proposals, and understanding agency review processes.
- Maintaining templates for common grant sections.
- Conducting Proposal-Related Training
- Leading workshops, lectures, and other in-person training sessions.
- Providing archives of past training presentations.
Since BRDO’s creation in July 2012, our services continue to evolve and expand.
For more information on any of these services, please explore our website or Contact Us.